Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Secret - Just Take it For What it Is

The Secret, if you have not seen the DVD or read the book, I am sure you have at least heard of it. There has been a lot of discussion about the production. So is The Secret the much waited answer we needed, or was it just cleverly marketed?

Well yes it was well marketed but it's a lot more than just that. The Secret stands by itself, there was no smoke and mirrors needed to introduce it.

There have been a lot of comments made that the ideas are no good and none of it works. If you watch or read, you will see that your frame of mind is a big factor. Expecting instant or cure-all fixes is probably not a good frame of mind. Personally I work on frame of mind a lot and it does wonders for me.

So when do I get what I asked for? It's been a long time now. You have to realize The Secret is not like a physical product that works or does not; it is a process. The one responsible for this process is you, there is no 800 number or email for support.

The Secret is presented as ideas that are all put together. I don't think it is meant to be an absolute guide. Meaning you don't have to follow exactly or it just won't work. Yes use it as a guideline, but also feel free to try some things just a bit differently if that suits you.

One thing that really strikes me about The Secret is that even with all the scientific content, it is very much a work of faith. If you accept and believe, like I do, then the possibilities are immeasurable. If you cannot bring yourself to believe (which is not a bad thing) then you will not get the benefit out of it.

Note: I did not go into the book or the DVD themselves as there is no way I could have done them justice. I can only hope someone will get something out of this.

Ross Charette has been online over 10 years now and is fascintated with the exchange of information. His first and so far only web presence is at http://weloveebooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment