Friday, September 4, 2009

Article Writing Tips - Why Are You Writing That Article?

Okay, I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but you'd be surprised how many people write articles without any real purpose in mind OR they write the article and defeat the purpose by writing it all wrong. I know that's kind of vague but don't worry, I'm going to explain in detail what I'm talking about in this article, which I assure you, has a very definite purpose.

Let's start with the people who write articles with no purpose in mind at all. They usually pick a topic and just start writing. They're all over the place. They may start with their feelings on a particular subject and suddenly go into some facts and figures and ultimately end up talking about things that have nothing at all to do with the original topic. It's what we call in the trade, rambling. I'm sure you're familiar with it. An example would be if I started talking about my Aunt Hilda right now...which I won't do.

But what about the folks who do have a purpose in mind but end up killing that purpose? That may be a little harder to understand. So let me give you an example. Let's say you're writing an article on the government of the United States. The purpose of the article is to educate people as to how the government operates. You're not writing an opinion piece. You're just reporting the facts, such as what the bodies of government are, voting procedures and so on. Giving your opinion on whether the government is good or bad and going into a long dissertation on it, doesn't fit with the theme of the article. You're defeating the purpose.

In both scenarios, you have to stay focused on your writing. That's the bottom line. This article was made for the purpose of showing the reader how to stay on topic when writing. It didn't start talking about writing style or punctuation or anything else. It was focused only on that one thing.

Write your articles THAT way and you'll never have trouble writing an article again.

To YOUR Success,
Steven Wagenheim

Want to write articles that get people's attention and can earn you up to $200 per article written? Then check out my Complete Article Writing And Marketing Guide that you can find at http://www.honestincomeprogram.com/tcawamg.html - This is my own book that I wrote from over 30 years of writing experience.

Broken Fire Hydrant Home Damage

No comments:

Post a Comment