Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Best Way to Replace Windows - No Fluff, Just Facts

I know the best way to replace windows and I will share it with you in this article. However I should mention that what is best to one person may not be to another. So while I advise you to take what I say into consideration - you need to use your own independent thought when choosing an option.

I have been asked hundreds of times about this topic and in most cases my answer changes slightly. The reason is because each person needed a slightly different response due to various conditions. These include, the age of the house, the make of the house, the location - some areas require storm windows and some don't, the budget, the number of years to be spent in the house, the purpose of replacing the windows i.e. to increase the value of the house, energy saving or to fix old windows etc.

I have listed these because I want you to also consider them before making the find decision. As an expert in the field, I could list different ways of doing from applying the window frame with epoxy, removing the sashes and boarding up the window to priming the putty, using fiberglass, wood or vinyl windows and all. But then today I don't want to complicate the process. You asked for the best way to do it and I am going to giving to your straight.

First you need to have your house inspected. You need to ascertain the amount of damage or change that is necessary.

You need to know the type of windows that will work perfectly based on the assessment.

Then you need a quotation for the windows.

You will also need a quotation for installing the windows. I never recommend that you DIY lest you cause it to leak due to wrong installation.

Approve the quotes and get the contractor to draw up a contract, which you must read. It could also just be the quotation - just make sure you understand what it says.

Step aside and let the expert begin.

Review the outcome and if you are happy - pay them and enjoy your new windows.

Click here > best way to replace windows - for more information on this topic.

Click here > find replacement window companies in your area - Free access to a database of pre-screened companies.

Pest Control Books
Wood Stoves Books

1 comment: